- February 04, 2009
- February 13, 2009
- February 23, 2009
- March 10, 2009
- April 02, 2009
- April 22, 2009
- May 21, 2009
- June 29, 2009
- July 27, 2009
- September 16, 2009
FTA Watch - India provides news and documents from newspapers and civil society groups around the world in relation to Indian Free Trade Agreements (FTA) negotiations, concerns and discussions as well as progressive and alternative initiatives regarding FTAs. To subscribe, contact us through our Contact Us page.
|PAPERS AND ARTICLES »
At Intercultural Resources (ICR)
ICR has a library and collection of articles on various issues related to globalization and development. Many documents are available in soft copy, those only available in hard copy can be consulted at ICR office: 33D, DDA-SFS Flats, Vijay Mandal Enclave, New Delhi 110016, Phone: 011-65665677
Trade and FTA related documents at ICR (comprehensive list)
- Bastienne Joerchel, ‘FTA: Way to development or dead end for Southern countries’, Alliance Sud, December 2007, 2 pages.
- Julien Reinarth, ‘Deprive Doha of all substance’, Berne Declaration, August 2004, 11 pages.
- Marianne Hochuli, ‘Liberalisation of the financial sector in EFTA agreements’ Berne Declaration, 2007, 7 pages. Also see on Alliance Sud website.
- Thomas Braunschweig, 'Negociations on India-EFTA free trade agreement lack transparency and democracy', October 2008. Also see on Bern Declaration website.
Forum on FTAs, “EU–India Free Trade Agreement: For Whom?”, Forum on FTAs, November 2008, 4 pages.
- Action Aid, ‘An assessment of the likely impact of the India-EU free trade agreement: An ActionAid briefing for UK MPs’, Action Aid, June 2008, 12 pages. Also see on Action Aid website
- Barbar Meincke, 'EU-India FTA: Development and growth for each and everybody?', Heinrich Boll Foundation, November 2008, 4 pages.
- Carlos M. Correa, “Negotiations of a Free Trade Agreement European Union India: Will India accept TRIPS-plus protection?”, EED, OXFAM, June 2009, 13 pages. NEW
- Christa Wichterich, ‘Economic growth without social justice: EU-India trade negotiations and their implications for social development and gender justice’, WIDE Network, 2007, 27 pages.
- Christina Deckwirth, ‘The EU corporate agenda: the role and the interests of corporations and their lobby groups in trade policy-making in the European Unio', Seattle to Brussels Network, November 2005, 36 pages. Also see on WEED website
- ECORYS, CUTS, CENTAD, ‘Trade Sustainability Impact Assessment: Final Draft Report', ECORYS / CUTS / CENTAD, January 2009, 483 pages. Also see on ECORYS website
- ECORYS, CUTS, CENTAD, ‘Trade Sustainability Impact Assessment: Draft Interim Report', ECORYS / CUTS / CENTAD, October 2008, 252 pages.
- Kavaljit Singh, 'Rethinking liberalization of banking services under the EU-India FTA', SOMO, January 2009, 14 pages.
- Kavaljit Singh, 'EU-India Free Trade Agreement: Should India open up banking sector?', Madhyam, 2009, 70 pages.
- Michael Gasiorek, Et al, ‘Qualitative analysis of a potential Free Trade Agreement between the EU and India’, Center for the analysis of regional integration at Sussex (CARIS) / CUTS International, (not dated), 77 pages. Also see on CARIS website.
- Myriam Vander Stichele, Kim Bizarri, Leonard Plank, ‘Corporate power over EU trade policy: Good for business, bad for the world’, Seattle to Brussels Network, 2006, 47 pages.
- Peter Holmes, Anirudh Shingal, 'Potential benefits from a deep EU-India Free Trade Agreement', Center for the analysis of regional integration at Sussex (CARIS), November 2008, 20 pages.
- Sandra Polaski, 'India's trade policy choices: Managing diverse challenges' Carnegie Endowment for international Peace, 2008, 100 pages.
- Shefali Sharma, “The EU-India FTA, Critical considerations in a time of Crisis”, CENTAD, March 2009, 45 pages. NEW
- Sophie Powell, ‘The EU-India FTA: Initial observations from a development perspective’, Traidcraft, September 2008, 40 pages.
- Sophhie Powel, 'The wrong direction: Why the EU-India free trade agreement will not help India through the economic crisis', March 2009, 14 pages.
- Vicky Cann, 'Taking the credit: How financial services liberalisation fails the poor', World Development Movement, March 2009, 51 pages.
- Yvan Decreux, Cristina Mitaritonna, 'Economic Impact of a potential Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between the European Union and India', CEPII - CIREM, march 2007, 26 pages
- Focus on the Global South India, ‘India's web of bilateral and regional trade agreements’, Focus India Publications, December 2007, 26 pages.
- Kunal Sen, ‘International Trade and Manufacturing Employment Outcomes in India’, UNU / WIDER, October 2008, 26 pages.
- Sandra Polaski, A. Ganesh-Kumar, Scott McDonald, Manoj Panda, Sherman Robinson, ‘India trade policy choices: Managing diverse challenges’, Carnegie endowment for international peace, 2008, 102 pages
- Vishwas Devaiah, Caroline Dommen, ‘Trade-related intellectual property rights, livelihoods and the right to food: India’, Trade - Human Rights - Equitable Economy (3D), March 2008, 8 pages.
Trade - FTAs
- Alexander C. Chandra, ‘Checkmate!: The US-Indonesia bilateral free trade agreement’, Institute for Chanida Chanyapate, ‘Free trade agreements and their impact on developing countries: The Thai experience’, FTA Watch, Thailand, 2005, 222 pages.
- Bastienne Joerchel, "North-South free trade agreements: Beneficial to poor countries?", Alliance Sud, 3 pages. NEW
- Global Justice, 2007, 298 pages Irene van Staveren, ‘WIDE Briefing Paper: Gender Indicators for monitoring trade agreements’, WIDE Network, February 2007, 20 pages.
- Kate Kirkood, ‘Fighting FTAs: The growing resistance to bilateral free trade and investment agreements’, bilaterals.org / BIOTHAI / GRAIN, February 2008, 104 pages.
- Martin Khor, ‘Bilateral and regional free trade agreements: Some critical elements and development implications’, Third World Network, 2008, 119 pages.
- Ronnie Hall, Damian Sullivan, Alberto Villareal, Simone Lovera, Ann Doherty, ‘The tyranny of free trade: Wasted natural wealth and lost livelihoods’, Friends of the Earth International: Trade 109, December 2005, 35 pages.
- Sanya Reid Smith, ‘Intellectual property in free trade agreements’, Third World Network, 2008, 103 pages.
- UNCTAD, “Trade and development report 2005, chapter 3: Evolution in the terms of trade and its impact on developing countries”, United Nations, September 2005, 52 pages. also see on UNCTAD web site NEW
- UNCTAD, “Trade and development report 2007, chapter 3: The “New Regionalism” and North South Trade Agreements”, United Nations, 2007, 36 pages. NEW
- Veena Jha, ‘Trade, globalisation & gender evidences from South Asia’, UNIFEM / UNCTAD, 401 pages.
- Dot Keet, ‘South-South strategic alternatives to the global economic system and power regime’, Transnational Institute, October 2006, 68 pages.
- Graham Dunkley, ‘Free trade: Myth, reality and alternatives, Global Issues series, 2004, 254 pages.
- Walden Bello, ‘Deglobalization’, Global Issues series, 2002, 132 pages.